By Claus-Wilhelm von der Lieth, Thomas Luetteke, Martin Frank
This e-book is the 1st to be devoted to the bioinformatics of carbohydrates and glycoproteins. It presents an advent to this rising box of technology either for the experimentalist operating in glycobiology and glycomics, and in addition for the pc scientist searching for heritage info for the improvement of hugely subtle algorithmic approaches. The booklet offers an outline of the state of the art within the box, with reports on databases, and the instruments in use for research, interpretation, and prediction of the buildings of advanced carbohydrates, and demonstrates the price of bioinformatics for glycobiology.
the provision of complete databases and corresponding bioinformatics instruments, to entry and examine the massive quantities of experimental facts when it comes to the constitution of carbohydrates, might be a prerequisite for the luck of the large-scale glycomics tasks that target to decipher new, up to now unknown, organic features of glycans. Efficient bioinformatics descriptions and instruments can significantly improve the potency of glycomics examine, when it comes to information caliber, research and experimental expenses.
for an entire figuring out of the molecular approaches during which carbohydrates are concerned, corresponding to protein–carbohydrate interactions and the effect of glycosylation on protein functionality, wisdom of the 3D constitution of the carbohydrate, the protein–carbohydrate complicated, or the glycoprotein is frequently necessary. This publication offers a radical creation into equipment used for conformational research of carbohydrates.
Key positive factors:
- Describes bioinformatic methods to deal with carbohydrate-active enzymes and glycosylation.
- Provides an outline on bioinformatics instruments that facilitate research of carbohydrate constructions.
- Gives creation into molecular modelling of carbohydrate 3D constitution and carbohydrates inside the Protein Databank.
- Assumes just a easy wisdom of biology and bioinformatics.
Read or Download Bioinformatics for Glycobiology and Glycomics: An Introduction PDF
Best bioinformatics books
As extra species' genomes are sequenced, computational research of those info has turn into more and more very important. the second one, fullyyt up-to-date variation of this generally praised textbook presents a finished and important exam of the computational tools wanted for examining DNA, RNA, and protein information, in addition to genomes.
This e-book covers present issues with regards to using proteomic options in melanoma remedy in addition to expected demanding situations which may come up from its program in day-by-day perform. It info present applied sciences utilized in proteomics, examines the use proteomics in telephone signaling, offers scientific functions of proteomics in melanoma treatment, and appears on the position of the FDA in regulating using proteomics.
ACRI'96 is the second one convention on mobile Automata for examine and undefined; the 1st one used to be held in Rende (Cosenza), on September 29-30, 1994. This moment variation confirms the transforming into curiosity in mobile Automata at the moment current either within the clinical group and in the commercial purposes global.
- Numerical Computer Methods Part D
- Bioinformatics for Omics Data: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology)
- Immuno Systems Biology: A macroscopic approach for immune cell signaling
- Bioinformation Discovery: Data to Knowledge in Biology
- Bioinformatics for Geneticists: A Bioinformatics Primer for the Analysis of Genetic Data
- DNA Microaray Technology and Data Analysis in Cancer Research
Extra resources for Bioinformatics for Glycobiology and Glycomics: An Introduction
This slight structural difference in the recognized sugar epitope obviously prevents a spread of the influenza virus infection across species. Analysis of the binding specificity of the highly virulent 1918 influenza virus HA using the glycan array of the US Consortium for Functional Glycomics (CFG) revealed a clear preference for ␣2,6-linked sialylgalactose motifs . Glycan microarrays are a relatively new and highly specific technology that allows rapid determination of glycan-binding protein interactions and specificities.
Van Kuik JA, Vliegenthart JF: Databases of complex carbohydrates. Trends Biotechnol 1992, 10:182–185. 61. van Kuik JA, H˚ard K, Vliegenthart JFG: A 1H NMR database computer program for the analysis of the primary structure of complex carbohydrates. Carbohydr Res 1992, 235:53–68. 62. Loss A, Bunsmann P, Bohne A, Loss A, Schwarzer E, Lang E, von der Lieth CW: SWEETDB: an attempt to create annotated data collections for carbohydrates. Nucleic Acids Res 2002, 30:405–408. 20 Introduction 63. de: an Internet portal to support glycomics and glycobiology research.
23. Narimatsu H: Construction of a human glycogene library and comprehensive functional analysis. Glycoconj J 2004, 21:17–24. 24. Narimatsu H: Human glycogene cloning: focus on beta 3-glycosyltransferase and beta 4glycosyltransferase families. Curr Opin Struct Biol 2006, 16:567–575. 25. Schachter H: Protein glycosylation lessons from Caenorhabditis elegans. Curr Opin Struct Biol 2004, 14:607–616. 26. Drickamer K, Taylor ME: Identification of lectins from genomic sequence data. Methods Enzymol 2003, 362:560–567.
Bioinformatics for Glycobiology and Glycomics: An Introduction by Claus-Wilhelm von der Lieth, Thomas Luetteke, Martin Frank