By Ness Robyn
Beyond the Basics…Beneath the Surface…In Depth
Mac OS X Lion in Depth
Do extra with Mac OS X Lion–in much less time!
Mac OS X Lion In Depth is a entire advisor to Mac OS X Lion, grounded in real-world recommendation and adventure. the writer, Robyn Ness, is a long-time Mac consumer and gives useful guide on the right way to wake up and working with Lion, after which circulation directly to extra complicated good points and options.
• Streamline your workflow with undertaking keep watch over and Spaces
• arrange your apps with Launchpad
• Get the main from Lion’s multitouch gestures
• manage your computing device and apps to offer you a fresh commence or resume the place you left off
• buy and obtain apps from the Mac App shop and run full-screen apps
• deal with contacts, calendars, and email
• manage consumer bills and parental controls
• Configure stressed and instant networking
• Chat, video chat, and screen-share with Lion’s iChat and FaceTime
• Use the Safari net browser for studying lists, bookmarks, and RSS
• proportion documents with within sight Lion clients with AirDrop
• Run home windows and home windows apps in your Mac
• turn on common entry and accessibility features
• get well records via models and Time Machine
• Use Lion’s integrated disk restoration options
Mac OS X Lion In Depth is for any skilled Mac consumer looking to deepen their
understanding and grasp the good points of the recent model of Mac OS X.
All intensive books offer
Comprehensive insurance with specified solutions
Troubleshooting support for difficult difficulties you can’t repair in your own
Outstanding authors well-known all over the world for his or her services and educating style
Learning, reference, problem-solving... the single Mac OS X Lion e-book you need!
Read Online or Download Mac OS X Lion in depth PDF
Similar operating systems books
In overall, the 2 books Solaris functionality and instruments & Solaris Internals reviewed the following current a brand new point of information concerning the internals of Solaris, what they do, how they behave, and the way to investigate that habit. The books are a needs to for builders, procedure programmers, and platforms directors who paintings with Solaris eight, nine, or 10.
From its uncomplicated beginnings, Linux has emerged as a strong server working approach with a awesome computer setting and consumer interface. Now, with Kylix, Linux builders have a robust swift program improvement instrument for producing client-side functions. The Tomes of Kylix: The Linux API publications builders in the course of the basic Linux process functionality calls and programming interfaces, protecting the center facets of Linux improvement from dossier processing and interprocess verbal exchange to threading matters and sockets.
The bestselling Mac consultant, up to date for the newest Mac OS X and now in complete colour! Mac OS X Lion represents a brand new period within the Mac working approach. This pleasant advisor is totally up to date for the newest Mac OS X and gives every thing new Mac clients and clients upgrading to Mac OS X Lion want to know. A bestseller in past versions, Mac OS X Lion For Dummies covers the entire cool stuff and prepares you for the quirks.
- OpenOffice.org 3.0 Kompendium für Windows, Mac OS X und Linux mit kompletter OpenOffice.org 3.0 PrOOo-Box auf DVD
- Mac OS X Tiger Killer Tips
- Installing Windows 7 from USB drive
- The Visibooks Guide to Windows XP
- The Linux Kernel API
Extra info for Mac OS X Lion in depth
You can customize the appearance of your desktop in many ways, including the following: • Change the clock • Change the desktop icon size • Change the desktop icon arrangement • Set desktop pictures Changing the Clock Display By default, Mac OS X provides a clock in the upper-right corner of the desktop. You can control the appearance of the clock by using the System Preferences application: 1. Open the System Preferences application. 2. Click the Date & Time icon in the System section of System Preferences.
Of course, because the Dock size is different, the magnified icons do make more contrast with a smaller Dock, but that is only because of the comparison your eye makes. • Minimize windows into application icons—Rather than showing a thumbnail of a minimized window, this option hides minimized windows. You can still access them through the application running them. • Animate opening applications—When you click an application’s icon to open that application, the icon bounces to show you that the application is opening.
Using the Go menu, you can navigate to the following locations: • Back or Forward—Moves you through the windows in a chain of open Finder windows. • Enclosing Folder—Moves you to the folder that contains the currently selected item. • Frequently Used Folders—Commands such as Computer, Home, Applications, and Utilities move you to the specified folder. • Recent Folders—Displays a list of the most recent folders you’ve used, and lets you select a folder to return to it. You can clear the Recent Folders menu by selecting Clear Menu.
Mac OS X Lion in depth by Ness Robyn