By Manuel Viamonte Jr., Maria Viamonte (auth.), Aldo N. Serafini, Albert J. Gilson, William M. Smoak (eds.)
Read Online or Download Nuclear Cardiology: Principles and Methods PDF
Best nuclear books
An exceptional creation to the fundamental techniques of nuclear medication physicsThis 3rd version of necessities of Nuclear medication Physics and Instrumentation expands the finely constructed illustrated overview and introductory consultant to nuclear drugs physics and instrumentation. besides basic, innovative, hugely illustrated issues, the authors current nuclear medicine-related physics and engineering options basically and concisely.
The cloth during this quantity was once ready and picked up over the last 4 years with the starting to be recognition technical revolution was once in development for diagnostic medication. It grew to become transparent that for the big variety of imaging tools and strategies discovering their approach into purposes for examine and medical medication, there has been a lack of reference and textual content books for the scientist and engineer starting within the box.
This ebook offers an outline on nuclear physics and effort creation from nuclear fission. It serves as a readable and trustworthy resource of data for someone who desires to have a well-balanced opinion approximately exploitation of nuclear fission in energy vegetation. The textual content is split into components; the 1st covers the fundamentals of nuclear forces and houses of nuclei, nuclear collisions, nuclear balance, radioactivity, and offers an in depth dialogue of nuclear fission and correct issues in its program to strength construction.
- Nuclear Energy Sixth Edition An Introduction to the Concepts Systems and Applications of Nuclear
- Project Plowshare: The Peaceful Use of Nuclear Explosives in Cold War America
- Nuclear Theory Summer Meeting on eHRIC [wkshop procs]
- High temperature deformation and fracture of materials
- Dispersion Process During Rapid Transients - Al-Based Nuclear Fuel Plates
- Physical Theory of Neutron Chain Reactors
Extra info for Nuclear Cardiology: Principles and Methods
6. , Pulmonary vascular dilution curves recorded by extemal detection-the diagnosis of left-to-right shunts, Brit. Heart. J. 24:166-172 (1962). 7. Alazraki, N. , Ashbum, W. , Hagan, A. , andFriedman, W. , Detectionofleft-to-right shunts with the scintillation camera pulmonary dilution curve, J. Nucl. Med. 13:142-147 (1972). 8. , Nucleographic screening of patients for left-to-right cardiac shunts, Radiology 99:601--604 (1972). 9. Greenfield, L. , and Bennett, L. , Comparison of heart chamber and pulmonary dilution curves for diagnosis of cardiac shunts, Radiology 111 :359-363 (1974).
Most recently, the 2-min 150 nuc1ide as labeled carbon dioxide is under extensive reevaluation at Mount Sinai Medical Center. When 150-labeled carbon dioxide is inhaled, it rapidly combines with water to form carbonic acid in the lung. 48 Carbonic anhydrase, present in the blood, hydrolyzes the carbonic acid, producing labeled water that dissolves in the blood, becoming a pulmonary vein injection. Production of 0-15 at Mount Sinai Medical Center is accomplished by a recently developed pure oxygen gas target irradiated with protons.
Med. ) Patients with left-to-right shunts showed a range of e Je 1 ratios between 35 and 96%, with an average of 57%. Seven of the patients with abnormal 2 /C 1 values who underwent cardiac catheterization had smallleft-to-right shunts detected by hydrogen probe only. Recent experience has suggested that our detection of accuracy is quite high for shunts that are larger than 1. 2: 1, but smaller shunts are very difficult to detect. , a fractionated bolus). It should be remembered that other conditions resulting in impaired right ventricular function can be associated with an abnormal e Je 1 ratio.
Nuclear Cardiology: Principles and Methods by Manuel Viamonte Jr., Maria Viamonte (auth.), Aldo N. Serafini, Albert J. Gilson, William M. Smoak (eds.)