By University of Chicago
Read or Download The Economics Future of Nuclear Power PDF
Similar nuclear books
An outstanding creation to the elemental innovations of nuclear drugs physicsThis 3rd variation of necessities of Nuclear medication Physics and Instrumentation expands the finely built illustrated evaluate and introductory consultant to nuclear medication physics and instrumentation. besides uncomplicated, innovative, hugely illustrated themes, the authors current nuclear medicine-related physics and engineering innovations truly and concisely.
The fabric during this quantity used to be ready and picked up over the last 4 years with the becoming awareness technical revolution was once in growth for diagnostic medication. It turned transparent that for the big variety of imaging tools and techniques discovering their approach into purposes for learn and medical medication, there has been an absence of reference and textual content books for the scientist and engineer starting within the box.
This ebook presents an outline on nuclear physics and effort construction from nuclear fission. It serves as a readable and trustworthy resource of data for somebody who desires to have a well-balanced opinion approximately exploitation of nuclear fission in energy vegetation. The textual content is split into elements; the 1st covers the fundamentals of nuclear forces and homes of nuclei, nuclear collisions, nuclear balance, radioactivity, and offers a close dialogue of nuclear fission and correct themes in its program to strength creation.
- Introduction to nuclear engineering
- Introduction to Advanced Renewable Energy Systems
- Il segreto delle tre pallottole
- Uranium and Nuclear Energy: 1981. Proceedings of the Sixth International Symposium Held by the Uranium Institute, London, 2–4 September, 1981
- Dampfkreisläufe für Kernkraftwerke
Extra info for The Economics Future of Nuclear Power
Even over a 5-year construction period, the interest costs account for nearly one-third of the total capital cost. 3 percent. These figures show nonetheless the importance of keeping construction delays under control and offering assurances that would reduce the risk premium investors require. Chapter 5 below goes into detail on choice of construction time and WACC in the energy scenarios to be analyzed. 4. Reactor Designs and Capital Cost Scenarios for Economic Analysis A considerable narrowing of overnight costs estimates is accomplished by considering near-term reactor types.
2. Relationship to OECD Cost Formula A significant portion of the cost data used in this study was drawn from OECD (1998). Thus it may be helpful to see the relationship between the cost formula used here and the formula used in that study. The OECD formula is a standard levelized cost formula, looking at the ratio between the total sum of discounted costs and the total sum of discounted generation: -t EGC= (∑ [(It+Mt+Ft)(1+r) ])/G t G= ∑ [Et(1+r)-t] t where: EGC= Average lifetime levelized electricity generation cost per kWh It = Capital expenditures in the year t 2-17 Mt = Operation and maintenance expenditures in the year t Ft = Fuel expenditures in the year t Et = Electricity generation in the year t r = Discount rate.
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 3. 4. 5. 1. Introduction Capital costs are especially important to the competitiveness of nuclear power, since they account for a major share of the levelized cost of electricity (LCOE). The literature on nuclear power plant costs reports a wide array of capital costs. 2 of this chapter deals with the overnight cost component of capital costs. 3 deals with the interest component. 4 uses the results of the chapter to narrow the range of capital costs to be used in the economic analysis of the present study, proposing to limit the analysis to three near-term reactors as the most realistic possibility and to allow for remaining uncertainty based on analysis of the individual components of capital costs.
The Economics Future of Nuclear Power by University of Chicago