By Brian Fonseca, Jonathan D. Rosen (auth.)
War, nuclear guns, and terrorism are all significant threats to US safeguard, yet a brand new set of rising threats are tough the present probability reaction gear and our skill to come back up with inventive and powerful suggestions. This e-book considers new, 'non-traditional' safeguard matters equivalent to: transnational geared up crime, immigration and border protection, cybersecurity, countering violent extremism and terrorism, environmental and effort safeguard, in addition to the increase of exterior actors. The paintings examines the most important demanding situations and tendencies in protection and explores the coverage responses of the U.S. executive. through the use of diplomacy conception as an analytical method, Fonseca and Rosen current how those protection threats have developed through the years.
Read Online or Download The New US Security Agenda: Trends and Emerging Threats PDF
Similar war & peace books
Whilst Losing keep an eye on used to be first released a decade in the past it used to be years sooner than its time. Its argument was once easy -- the true explanations of world lack of confidence have been the widening socio-economic divide, international marginalization and environmental boundaries, specifically weather swap and clash over power assets.
Media, warfare and Postmodernity investigates how clash and overseas intervention have replaced because the finish of the chilly struggle, asking why Western army operations are actually performed as high-tech media spectacles, it sounds as if extra vital for his or her propaganda price than for any strategic goals. Discussing the humanitarian interventions of the Nineteen Nineties and the conflict on Terror, the e-book analyzes the increase of a postmodern sensibility in household and foreign politics, and explores how the projection of strength out of the country is undermined by way of an absence of harmony and function at domestic.
István Bibó (1911–1979) used to be a Hungarian legal professional, political philosopher, prolific essayist, and minister of country for the Hungarian nationwide govt throughout the Hungarian Revolution of 1956. This magisterial compendium of Bibó’s essays introduces English-speaking audiences to the writings of 1 of the main theorists and psychologists of twentieth-century eu politics and tradition.
This e-book explains the foreign engagement with the Kosovo clash from the dissolution of Yugoslavia to Operation Allied strength. It exhibits how Kosovo was once intentionally excluded from the hunt for peace in Yugoslavia sooner than occurring to illustrate how a shaky overseas consensus was once cast to help air moves in 1999.
- Great Power Peace and American Primacy: The Origins and Future of a New International Order
- Patriotic Pacifism: Waging War on War in Europe, 1815-1914
- From Conflict Resolution to Reconciliation
- American Foreign Policy in Regions of Conflict: A Global Perspective
- Palgrave Advances in Peacebuilding: Critical Developments and Approaches
Extra info for The New US Security Agenda: Trends and Emerging Threats
72 He successfully reformed Mexico’s oil sector opening up Mexico to outside investors. In addition, Peña Nieto pushed through education reforms. Peña Nieto has spent less capital marketing the victories of the drug war, such as the capture of a kingpin or the seizure of drugs, which is a stark contrast from the Calderón administration. While drug violence decreased in the first years of the new administration, the violence has continued. 32 B. D. 73 In 2013, Acapulco had 883 homicides, which is 388 homicides less than the number recorded in 2012.
11. 12. Felipe Calderón, “Drug Trafficking and Organized Crime: Connected but Different,” Harvard International Review, Vol 36, No. 2. 10. “Transnational Organized Crime,” National Institute of Justice. 11. 1. 12. , “Human Trafficking and the Internet* (*and Other Technologies, too),” The Judges’ Journal: American Bar Association, Vol 52, No. 1. 1. 13. , “Human Trafficking and the Internet* (*and Other Technologies, too);” Erin I. Kunze, “Sex Trafficking Via The Internet: How International Agreements Address The Problem And Fail To Go Far Enough,” Journal of High Technology and Law L.
S. : Rowman & Littlefield, 2006). 20. : SUNY Press, 2014). 48 B. D. ROSEN 21. : Atlantic Monthly Press, 2001). 22. 4. Roberto Zepeda and Jonathan D.
The New US Security Agenda: Trends and Emerging Threats by Brian Fonseca, Jonathan D. Rosen (auth.)