By International Business Machines Corporat
Read Online or Download Using Oracle Solutions on Linux for System Z PDF
Best operating systems books
In overall, the 2 books Solaris functionality and instruments & Solaris Internals reviewed the following current a brand new point of information in regards to the internals of Solaris, what they do, how they behave, and the way to research that habit. The books are a needs to for builders, procedure programmers, and structures directors who paintings with Solaris eight, nine, or 10.
From its easy beginnings, Linux has emerged as a strong server working procedure with a impressive machine surroundings and person interface. Now, with Kylix, Linux builders have a strong fast software improvement software for producing client-side functions. The Tomes of Kylix: The Linux API publications builders in the course of the basic Linux method functionality calls and programming interfaces, protecting the middle points of Linux improvement from dossier processing and interprocess communique to threading concerns and sockets.
The bestselling Mac consultant, up-to-date for the newest Mac OS X and now in complete colour! Mac OS X Lion represents a brand new period within the Mac working process. This pleasant advisor is totally up-to-date for the newest Mac OS X and offers every little thing new Mac clients and clients upgrading to Mac OS X Lion want to know. A bestseller in past versions, Mac OS X Lion For Dummies covers all of the cool stuff and prepares you for the quirks.
- Base de données sous Linux
- Operating System Concepts Essentials
- Ghost Process: a Sound Basis to Implement Process Duplication, Migration and Checkpoint Restart in Linux Clusters
- Unix internals: the new frontiers
Extra info for Using Oracle Solutions on Linux for System Z
1 for Oracle’s recommendations for the RPMs you need for Oracle 10gR2. 1 Installing Oracle 9i on IBM z/Series - SLES8/9. 1 DB Install Requirements Quick Reference zSeries based Linux. 2 patchset on IBM ZSeries Based Linux. Chapter 2. 2 is not certified on SLES10. 3 patch set. 1, “Installing an Oracle database on SLES10” on page 16. 2 Installing Oracle products This section lists where we have described our installation experiences with several of the Oracle products. 1 Installing an Oracle database Our experiences with installing a single instance database are described in detail in Chapter 3, “Installing an Oracle 10gR2 single instance” on page 19.
4. We also ensured that the directories listed in Table 3-1 on page 31 have the ownership of oracle. If you try this from user ID root, you get the following message: The user is root. Oracle Universal Installer cannot continue installation if the user is root. : No such file or directory 32 Using Oracle Solutions on Linux for System z 5. /runInstaller 6. This takes a few minutes. The Welcome window appears followed by the window shown in Figure 3-4 on page 34. Note: You should not have a problem starting the OUI if you have ran the vncserver command as oracle.
Zip. 5. After you download the code, go to the directory on the Linux guest where you want to store the images and complete the following commands: cd /oradbf mkdir images cd images Then, FTP to the Linux guest and place the images in the images directory. Chapter 3. zip for the companion products Use the ls -la command to check that you received the same size files as on the host. 6. zip These are large files. The ftp and unzip commands can take several minutes to complete. html Click Documentation at the top of the page and then click Database.
Using Oracle Solutions on Linux for System Z by International Business Machines Corporat