By Fritz Anderson
Apple’s new Xcode three is the main strong Mac improvement suite ever created. In Xcode three Unleashed, popular Mac developer Fritz Anderson has written the definitive advisor to creating the main of Xcode three to construct any Macintosh or iPhone software.
Anderson leads you thru an easy undertaking that covers the full Xcode 3.x improvement lifecycle. You’ll stroll via construction and debugging command-line instruments, developing Mac OS X person interfaces, modeling information, localizing languages, compiling functions, and lots more and plenty extra. alongside the way in which, he introduces each one of Apple’s extraordinary improvement instruments from the newest model of Interface Builder to Instruments—a strong new instrument for reading and optimizing your code.
Anderson exhibits find out how to deal with your resource code in any setting, no matter if you’re operating solo or engaging in a global group. He completely illuminates Xcode 3’s construct method and indicates tips on how to utilize Apple’s functionality instruments, led via the deep and robust Shark statistical profiler.
Systematically up-to-date for Xcode 3.x, it is a complete revision of Anderson’s earlier bestseller, Step into Xcode. Its breadth, intensity, and useful spotlight will make it integral to each Mac developer: skilled programmers upgrading from Xcode 2 or migrating from CodeWarrior; UNIX/Linux programmers relocating to Mac OS X; even new programmers.
Detailed details on how to…
- Succeed with each degree of the Mac OS X software lifecycle
- Make the main of Xcode 3’s center instruments for modifying, debugging, trying out, and compilation
- Get the main from new advancements to Interface Builder
- Create strong functions utilizing the Model-View-Controller paradigm
- Utilize dynamic libraries and frameworks
- Build common Binaries to run on either Intel and PowerPC Macs
- Add highlight searchability to facts files
- Profile reminiscence, I/O, images, and threading in real-time
- Accelerate either your functions and your improvement processes
- Leverage new advancements to the Xcode documentation system
- Avoid header ambiguity, disappearing hyperlinks, and different Xcode improvement pitfalls
Part I: The lifestyles Cycle of a Mac OS X program
Chapter 1: Kicking the Tires 11
Chapter 2: basic Workflow and Passive Debugging 19
Chapter three: uncomplicated lively Debugging 29
Chapter four: Compilation: the fundamentals 39
Chapter five: beginning a Cocoa program 47
Chapter 6: A Cocoa program: perspectives 63
Chapter 7: A Cocoa software: Controllers seventy five
Chapter eight: model keep an eye on 93
Chapter nine: estate Lists 117
Chapter 10: Libraries and established pursuits 141
Chapter eleven: dossier programs and Bundles 153
Chapter 12: Unit checking out 167
Chapter thirteen: making a customized View 181
Chapter 14: Dynamic Libraries and Frameworks 203
Chapter 15: Documentation in Xcode 221
Chapter sixteen: utilizing the information Modeling instruments 243
Chapter 17: Cross-Development 267
Chapter 18: highlight (or, how one can construct a Plug-in) 281
Chapter 19: completing Touches 301
Part II: Xcode Tasks
Chapter 20: Navigating an Xcode venture 331
Chapter 21: Xcode for make Veterans 353
Chapter 22: extra approximately Debugging 373
Chapter 23: Xcode and velocity 395
Chapter 24: A Legacy undertaking 403
Chapter 25: Shark and the CHUD instruments 421
Chapter 26: tools 437
Chapter 27: last Snippets 461
Appendix A: a few construct Variables 475
Appendix B: venture and objective Templates 485
Appendix C: different assets 501
Read or Download Xcode 3 Unleashed PDF
Best operating systems books
In overall, the 2 books Solaris functionality and instruments & Solaris Internals reviewed right here current a brand new point of data concerning the internals of Solaris, what they do, how they behave, and the way to investigate that habit. The books are a needs to for builders, approach programmers, and structures directors who paintings with Solaris eight, nine, or 10.
From its easy beginnings, Linux has emerged as a strong server working method with a awesome laptop surroundings and person interface. Now, with Kylix, Linux builders have a robust speedy program improvement software for producing client-side purposes. The Tomes of Kylix: The Linux API publications builders in the course of the basic Linux procedure functionality calls and programming interfaces, overlaying the center elements of Linux improvement from dossier processing and interprocess communique to threading matters and sockets.
The bestselling Mac consultant, up-to-date for the newest Mac OS X and now in complete colour! Mac OS X Lion represents a brand new period within the Mac working procedure. This pleasant advisor is absolutely up to date for the newest Mac OS X and gives every little thing new Mac clients and clients upgrading to Mac OS X Lion want to know. A bestseller in prior versions, Mac OS X Lion For Dummies covers all of the cool stuff and prepares you for the quirks.
- Mastering Windows 2000 Programing with Visual C++ with Cdrom
- Modern Operating Systems (GOAL Series)
- MIcrosoft Word 2004 for Mac OSX: Visual QuickStart Guide
- The Mac OS X Lion Project Book
- Mac OSX.3 Panther Little Black Book (Little Black Book)
- Mac OS X Tiger Timesaving Techniques for Dummies
Additional info for Xcode 3 Unleashed
1. Open the Preferences window („comma). 2. Select the Debugging panel from the list of icons at the top of the window. 3. In the On Start pop-up menu, select Show Console & Debugger. 4. Under Fonts and Colors, select Executable Standard Input and click the Set Font button. Select the Bold variant of the Courier font. 5. Select Executable Standard Output, click the Set Font button, and select the Oblique variant of the Courier font. 6. Click the OK button in the Preferences window. 7. Bring the project window forward („0), and from the pop-up menu labeled Active Build Configuration, select Debug.
This line can’t complete execution until the input of two floating-point numbers either succeeds or fails. Awaiting input, scanf() blocks. 05 Press Return. The application is no longer blocked waiting for input; scanf() returns, and the debugger can now honor our Step Over instruction by stopping at the next line. Stepping slowly through the lines that follow, we see the progress of Linrg reflected in the changing values in the Variable pane: . nScanned ← 2 . n ← 1 . sumX ← . sumX2 ← 1 1 . 04999...
Linkage and Symbols . Dynamic Linkage Before continuing, let’s review how computer programs get made. If you’re coming to Xcode from long experience with GNU make or another development environment, this discussion will be very familiar to you. Programmers use source code to specify what a program does; source code files contain a notation that, although technical and sometimes cryptic, is recognizably the product of a human, intended in part for humans to read and understand. Even the most precise human communication leaves to allusion and implication things that a computer has to have spelled out.
Xcode 3 Unleashed by Fritz Anderson